We’ve detected suspicious payments in your account : Solved
Table of Contents
Billing and payment issues:
Regarding payments and billing, your account may be suspended for one of the following reasons:
- Promotional code abuse: If you attempt to sell promotional codes or use more than one promotional code on an account, the account may be suspended. For more information, see the country-specific terms and conditions for promotional codes.
- Requesting a chargeback: If you instruct your bank or credit card company to reverse a charge that was paid against a legitimate Google Ads balance (also known as requesting a chargeback), your account may be suspended.
- Suspicious payment activity: If we detect suspicious or fraudulent payment activity on your account, we may restrict how much the account can spend or suspend the account.
- Unpaid balance: If your account has one or more unpaid balances, it may be temporarily suspended.
Here’s how to avoid getting suspended for suspicious payment activity:
- Always link your own debit cards and don’t allow your digital agency or Google Ads expert to use their bank details.
- Do not use the same card for different accounts, except if they are not strictly related to the same business or company.
Generally, based on my personal experience suspicious behavior in payment activity OR your billing information can’t be verified is a result of any one or combination of below points:
1.) When you are using a card, which Google can’t verify/accept.
2.) Your card is already linked to another suspended/active Google Ads account.
3.) You are using any prepaid card OR one-time card OR any virtual card OR card generated form any website and not the physical card OR card not issued by a bank.
4.) You are using someone else card (Billing Name or Card Holder Name name doesn’t match), which Google thinks stolen OR can’t relate to your account OR the card is already linked to any another google account.
5.) You are using a card outside your base location or country/city and your bank blocked the transaction because of suspicious activity on your card. Make sure of this, with your bank.
If you think that your case is none of the above, then you have the only option to fill the appeal form and explain your situation in detail.
Before filling the appeal form, it is better if you can add some alternative payment option/method as a backup payment option. Maybe the system is facing difficulty to verify/accept previous payment method.
Please clearly mention your situation in the last column in appeal form. Also, try to explain what card you are using and why you feel this is correct payment method.