Adding credit cards to Bing Ads is easy and safe, but if you run into problems, take a look at the tips below.
To make sure that your credit card is set (assigned to your account):
- Click the gear icon , and then click Accounts & Billing.
- Click the payment methods tab.
- If you do not have a payment method that is marked “primary,” then click set as primary next to the payment method you want to use to pay your charges.
Once you have associated a valid credit card with your account, your account status will change to “active,” and your ads will be eligible to run.
If this is a prepay account, you need to add funds to your account before it becomes active. After you add funds, you should see the amount you added reflected in your “total balance” on the Accounts & Billing page. Credit card approval should happen right away, but in some cases, it can take up to 24 hours. Once your account status is “active,” your ads will be eligible to run.
If 24 hours have passed and your account is still not “active,” you should Contact Support.
Here are five common problems with entering credit card info:
- Enter your name precisely as it appears on the card. Only include your middle initial if it appears on your card.
- If this is a company card, enter the company name as both a first name and last name. For example, if the company name is “Contoso Shoes,” split the company name into the first and last name fields.
- If the company only has one name, for example, “Contoso,” enter the company name in both the first and last name fields.
- If your address exceeds the Address 1 field, use the Address 2 field. Do not shorten or abbreviate your address.
- The card number, type, selected country, and cardholder name cannot be edited, so if you make a mistake, you’ll need to add a new one with the correct information. Other types of credit card information can be edited, such as address and expiration date.
Enter the credit card number without spaces or punctuation.
Bing Ads doesn’t accept cards that require you to enter a PIN/security verification when making a payment. Use a different credit card or form of payment.
Bing Ads doesn’t accept prepaid cards. Use a different credit card or form of payment.
If you are using a credit card from any of these countries, your account must be in the same currency as the card. For example, a credit card with a Brazilian billing address can only be used for accounts that have the Brazilian real as the currency.
American Express cards require a four-digit security code, which is printed on the front of the card. Make sure you include all four digits on the front of the American Express card, even if the first digit is 0.
Bing Ads only accepts American Express cards in these currencies: US dollar, British pound, Euro, Singapore dollar, and Swiss franc.
Inactive accounts cannot be reactivated if they are associated with an expired or otherwise invalid payment method or if the account has had too many declined payments. If your account is inactive, you need to select another account or create a new account and then enter your credit card information.
Bing Ads does not accept debit cards in India. Also, for accounts based in India, verification of credit card information is required. For more information, see the India section in How do I pay for Bing Ads?.
Contact your credit card company to make sure you’re authorized to use this card for online purchases and automatic billing.
In any of these situation, you’ll need to contact your credit card company.
If after you’ve reviewed these tips and addressed any problems, your account status is still not “active,” please contact support.