Hire ASO Expert in India, Best App Store Optimization Services india – Improve your app ranking with ASO – Increase App Downloads by Learning How to Optimize you iPhone & iPad App in the App Store from Scratch (SEO for Apps)
There are more than 2 million mobile apps out there – here you can learn how to get rank on that.. .
Call for free consulting: 09915337448, skype: ppc.champ
Here, I guide you step by step (using real examples) how to do ASO for your iPhone and iPad apps on iOS 8, android.
Must Read: Marketing Strategies for Mobile Applications
Table of Contents
- Better app store discoverability
- Improved content and visual presence in the app stores
- Increased app page conversion rates
- Increased organic downloads
- Enhanced user acquisition results
ASO is the process of optimizing mobile apps to rank higher in an app store’s search results. The higher your app ranks in an app store’s search results, the more visible it is to potential customers. That increased visibility tends to translate into more traffic to your app’s page in the app store.
Apple’s app revenue is about 70% higher than Google. As we can see from the graphs below, this trend has been the case since 2013.
The goal of ASO is to drive more traffic to your app’s page in the app store, so searchers can take a specific action: downloading your app.
80 out of 100 online searchers use mobiles despite of having an easy access to their desktop computers or laptops. If you don’t have a Mobile SEO strategy defined for your business, you absolutely need one.
With over 2 million mobile apps in the major app stores
App Store Optimization (ASO) is like SEO for apps. App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility of a mobile app (such as an iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows phone app) in an app store (such as iTunes or Google Play for Android). In this case we will be fully focussed on iOS optimization.
App Store Optimization
App Store Optimization (ASO) is pretty young and still evolving field. Probably one of the most important parts of App Store Optimization are finding the right keywords, ranking as higher as possible for those keywords and converting visitors into users.
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility of a mobileapp (such as an iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry or Windows Phone app) in anapp store (such as iTunes for iOS, Google Play for Android, Windows Store for Windows Phone or BlackBerry World for BlackBerry).
However it is important to mention App Store Optimization does not mean keyword research only but also involves all meta data available in the App Store like app icon, screenshots and description. Ranking higher in search results will drive more download for an app.
The Name of the app plays an important role in the success of your app. When you think up a name, you should create a catchword which includes the plot of the app.
In Google Play Store you have 55 symbols for naming your app, while App Store provides 255 symbols. However, you would be better off using 70 or fewer symbols.
Keywords in the name can be grouped with tag-words. Keywords have more influence on Google Play Store in comparison with Apple App Store.
In company with the name, your app icon will also impress customers. An illustrative and esthetic icon can really improve your visibility in Apple App Store.
WHAT IS ASO AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT?
- ASO is the process of improving app visibility in the App Store.
- One of the most important parts of ASO are finding the right keywords, ranking as higher as possible for those keywords and converting visitors into users.
- Our goal is to find low competitive and highly searched keywords.
if you’re not using ASO to increase your app’s search ranking, you’re missing out on the largest discovery channel available to your app.
With hundreds of thousands of apps in each app store vying to rank above one another, the amazing reality is that the majority of publishers are not investing in app store optimization. So here’s our gift to you: ASO is your secret weapon. Spend time every week improving your ASO, and you will meaningfully impact your app’s ranking and overall success.
What are the mechanics of ASO?
Let’s start by breaking down the various components that can affect your ASO:
- Title – The keyword placed in the title should be the one with the heaviest search traffic. Spend time researching which keyword that is, because changing your title often to include different keywords can be detrimental. As your app begins to rank higher and gain more reviews, news of your app will begin to spread by word of mouth. Changing the title can make it difficult for word to spread about your app.
- Keywords – To improve your search rankings, you need to know which keywords are relevant and used most often by your target audience. It is helpful to monitor competitors in order to realize how you compare week to week.
In addition to being the most important factors for ASO, the fact that the title and keywords can be modified easily means that you can regularly optimize them.
- Total # of Downloads – Your number of downloads are extremely important to ASO, but you don’t have complete control over them.
- Ratings and Reviews – Also important and difficult to control. However, there are ways to incentivize happy users to rate and review.
Tips for improving your ASO
To recap, let’s look at the ASO factors and the methods you can use to improve in those areas.
- Title – Having a keyword in your title can improve your app’s search ranking for that keyword by an average of 10.3%. As a best practice, you want to place your most relevant keyword, regardless of the keyword difficulty, in the title.
- Keywords – Constantly tracking your own keywords and the movement of your competitors takes time and effort. In order to have the time to focus on your app and not solely on ASO, use a service such as MobileDevHQ to track your search rankings, analyze your keywords, choose better keywords, and get updates about your competitors.
- Total # of Downloads – Now that our gut feelings have been proven with data, what can you do to get more downloads for your app? Improving your ASO is a great place to start. Beyond that, it is about marketing your brand and app to improve recognition, awareness, and appeal, from app store description to images, ratings/reviews, and social media presence. For a great place to start, check out these three inbound marketing strategies for mobile apps.
- Ratings and Reviews – As we saw above, apps with higher ratings also ranked higher. This raises a tricky dilemma: you want more ratings and reviews but not if they are negative. So, you need a way to connect with your customers inside your app, giving them a place to vent and talk directly to the developer. On the flip side, you want to guide happy customers to leave positive reviews for you.
To reap the rewards of ASO, you need to invest time and effort. If you do, you’ll have a consistent channel driving traffic to your app. Being found is one of the most difficult challenges for mobile apps, but it is a problem you can actively solve.
Call for free consulting: 09915337448, skype: ppc.champ
Top best Steps for app store optimization
1) Keyword research
Most organic traffic to your page will be the result of a simple Appstore search, so give it all you’ve got. Potential users don’t know or care about keywords. They want the app asking permission to access their most sensitive information to be serious and smart. Don’t write text that might suggest otherwise.
2) App description
Keywords research is great for generating the best results out of Google and Apple’s algorithms, but those who will actually read your app description and decide whether or not to install your product are human. That’s why stuffing your content with keywords, thus creating a baffling app description, is a terrible (yet very common) approach for ASO.
3) App Icon / logo
Make sure your icon is, well, iconic. It should do more than give users a sense of what the app is all about. Here’s a way of turning a flat logo into an eye-catching one: create a smaller picture surrounded by a frame, and allow your logo to “break” the frame and create a cool 3D effect.
When potential users scroll and examine different options, your icon is the first (and sometimes only) thing they notice. You have to stand out.
Many apps out there think of screenshots as a features list, which is unfortunate and inefficient. Instead of using simple in-app shots, which are probably not that brilliant to begin with, make the most out of this space and look at it as another advertising platform. Unfamiliar brands should pay extra attention to this opportunity to shine.
just like you would never use a bland, simple banner, don’t let such a crucial part of your app page become boring and predictable. Use screenshots to tell a story.
5) Video trailer
If you choose to invest resources in creating a trailer, our advice to you is to put users before Apple. A recent study we’ve conducted proved that Apple doesn’t enforce its own guidelines and is quick to approve videos containing footage that goes way beyond the same old in-app footage.
Your trailer allows users to see not only what your product does, but also how creative the people behind it are. Keep potential users both informed and entertained.
6) Competitive research
Keep your friends close, and your direct competition closer. The best way to learn what you should (and shouldn’t) be doing in the Appstore is to keep an eye on what your competitors are up to and discover certain keywords you might be missing. Use existing measuring tools as well as your own common sense, and update your app page accordingly.
It’s always good see what the current standard is, and then do something completely different to become an Appstore superstar.
7) Reviews and 5 starts rankings
When users visit your app page, they examine previous users’ experience very carefully. Not only that, but on Google Play the reviews section is very visible and prominent. Make sure to highlight positive reviews and reply to negative ones immediately.
Users expect you to be ready with an answer in an hour, so if there are loads of reviews (and users, so congrats!) consider assigning a staff member to stay on top of it.
8) App Name
Your app’s name should be memorable, catchy and informative. It should also include leading keywords as part of your title. With a strict character limitation on Google Play and an unpredictable approach by Apple – choosing the right name for your app is one of the biggest challenges of ASO. Don’t be tempted to choose a title based solely on what sounds attractive and fun, and devote the time to research your category and see how your chosen keywords can influence ranking.
Only the first characters of your chosen title will be visible to users, so make it short and sweet.
Choosing the right category for your app will influence your ranking for that specific arena. Choose the right category based not only on what is most relevant, but also based on the level of competition and generated revenue. In addition to the primary category, Apple introduced subcategories as part of the iOS 8, which divide the Appstore into micro segments and allow developers to rank highly in specific fields.
Your chosen category gives potential users a better sense of what your app does, and allows them to find you in a relevant search.
Determining your app’s worth to users is tricky. With so many free apps available, asking users to pay for yours seems almost insane. However, in order to be featured in the “apps on sale” section, you must first name your price. Make sure to put a price tag on your product that makes sense, and launch special offers and sales during holidays.
If your app is on sale, make it part of your PR plan as well, and get featured on an “apps gone free” post.
App developers and marketers must speak their users’ language, literally. The UK Appstore and the US one require separate keyword research, and if your target audience speaks Korean – so should your app description.
There’s no “one size fits all” in ASO. Include local phrases, slang and cultural references to match each specific location.
We hate to discourage you, but your ASO efforts are never really over. In fact, once your description, screenshots and title are all in place – you can get started. Make sure to constantly measure and optimize your results, try different keywords and change the description and creative content accordingly.
Benefits of ASO
- It is Where the Action is : Literally, more and more people are migrating to mobile and other handheld devices for making searches, buying and making business transactions. So if you are a business, you want to be on the field. More and more businesses are going app-only, and that is because of the changing behavior of customers.
- Be Found : To be on the field and not be found is of no use. If you want to stand out and make a mark you need to be found in the first place. And to do that you need App Store Optimization, which will ensure that you are visible at the top.
- My Way or the Highway : These days, users just find new apps to download directly by scrolling through the app store without having anything particular in mind. So it is imperative you are listed at the top for the better probability of being seen. And it is the users who make the last call after all.
- Target Relevant Customers : App Store Optimization ensures you reach to the most relevant users. Your business serves a specific target of people, and it is important you reach them. Many App Store Optimization Company in India these days provide you with the best ASO and making your app visible.
- More Profit: It is the first step. More visibility means more downloads and more downloads means that many more customers. And more number of customers means more business which means more profit. And we are in the business to make a profit. The market is fierce, and the competition is strong. You have got to make sure you make your mark and that too, a lasting one. ASO is the first step to that.
So, we know that you have something in your mind after reading this post. Get in touch with us and let’s create something special together to reach the top in App Stores!