Learn PPC step by step – AdWords is EASY when you have a proper guide – I have managed over $5 million in online ad spend and generated million in revenue for clients. 14+ years ago I had to learn AdWords on my own because there were no good teachers. Today, you don’t have to.
I am going to teach you everything that I know! – There is no better way for humans to learn Google AdWords.
What is a PPC?
Pay per click (PPC), also called cost per click, is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites, in which advertisers pay the publisher (typically a website owner or a host of website) when the ad is clicked. It is defined simply as “the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked.”
Pay-per click (PPC) ads are extremely beneficial for businesses of all sizes. In fact, PPCs provide instantaneous, and quantifiable results on the web. This is possible because pay-per click advertising is delivered to customers who need or want your products or services. Keep reading below to learn more about the benefits of PPC advertising.
PPC marketing is perhaps one of the most popular online advertising models in the world. No other form of advertising allows you to drive instant traffic that is both targeted and highly relevant to your landing pages.
Learn PPC – Steps to Creating a Profitable AdWords Campaign
Creating a profitable AdWords campaign can be broken down into the following steps.
- Goals – Why we use PPC?
- Keyword Research
- PPC – AdWords Account / Campiagn Set-Up
- Why We Need Landing Pages?
- Conversions & Tracking
- Hire the PPC Expert
- Advanced PPC Training
Careful planning is absolutely crucial for a campaign to succeed. But most business owners simply jump in without doing their due diligence. The following are more details from each step to get you started on the right track.
Google AdWords helps you:
1) Find New Customers – Your potential customers are searching on Google right now for answers. Be the best answer!
2) Expand Your Reach – If you aren’t in Google search results, you don’t exist. Be found easily by prospective customers.
3) Grow Your Business – Smart business grow by finding the most valuable, profitable customers. Find them with AdWords.
It allows businesses to:
- Instantly reach a worldwide audience
- Target local regions
- Split test ad copy
- Drive targeted traffic
- Set marketing budgets
- Sell more products
- Test new offers
- Increase subscribers
- Track conversions
Benefits of PPC (Pay per Click)
IMMEDIATE SEARCH VISIBILITY
PPC advertising is especially important if your company doesn’t have strong search engine visibility. A PPC advertising launch can help drive traffic to your site. Better yet, this marketing method will drive pre-qualified traffic to your site.
INCREASE KEYWORD TARGETING
Content that includes quality keywords will drive traffic to your site. However, if you have a small site, and want to significantly increase your keyword depth, PPC advertising can do just that. With PPC advertising, you can target as many keywords as possible, which will expand your site’s keyword targeting.
PPC ADVERTISING IS A GREAT WAY TO REMARKET
Research shows that the more a consumer is exposed to your product the greater the chances are that they will become a loyal customer. Through PPC advertising, your brand or product will receive more exposure, and increase your customer base.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION CAN BE REINFORCED WITH PPC ADVERTISING
Businesses that already have a strong SEO campaign can further increase their campaign through the use of pay-per click advertising by including their keywords on their advertising as well. This practice can also increase the probability of organic search results.
MARKET EXPANSION IS POSSIBLE WITH PAY-PER CLICK ADVERTISING
Want to market globally? It’s possible with pay-per click advertising. When business owners choose to start a PPC campaign, they have the opportunity to choose where their ads appear. This opportunity means that both big and small businesses can improve their demographic and geographic markets through PPC advertising.
RELATIVELY LOW COST
One of the biggest advantages of a PPC campaign is that there is relatively low cost involved. In most cases, there may be a small fee to start an account. Afterwards, business owners only have to pay if their ad is clicked on. For this reason, a PPC campaign is a cost-efficient, low risk opportunity for many websites to grow their business.
Here are five reasons why PPC marketing is worthwhile:
- You only pay when an interested person clicks. One of the reasons PPC is so straightforward is because you know exactly where your dollars are going, and you only pay when an interested party clicks on the ad. This is different than traditional advertising offline, where you spend X amount of dollars and hope your target market actually engages with the ad, but you never really know.
- You set your budget to control costs. Speaking of budgets, with pay-per-click, you set the budget to your needs. You can put a cap on what you spend daily, and it’s flexible for you to change at any time. That doesn’t mean you can expect to see huge results with a limited budget, of course; it all depends on how competitive the keyword and industry are. (You can learn more about setting budget in Google AdWords, or check out a post I wrote on how much you should spend on PPC.)
- You can reach your target consumer at the right time with the right ad. Want to target a person in a specific place at a specific time of day with a specific ad? No problem. With PPC’s location targeting and delivery options along with device-specific preferences (like mobile), you can deliver very specific messages to your target consumer at prime time when they are close by.
- Unlike organic search, PPC can show results very quickly. We all know how important organic search traffic is for long-term website marketing; however, it has a longer cycle to prove ROI. PPC can show results fast. You can start a PPC campaign on Monday and literally start seeing results in terms of traffic and conversions the next day (depending on a variety of factors, obviously).
- PPC data can inform your other marketing channels. Does your search engine optimization (SEO) team want to know if a particular keyword or set of keywords is converting well? PPC can tell them. You can also test the waters with new products or offerings using PPC in order to gauge demand and get an early look at its reception. You can even use PPC to promote oddball events or things that wouldn’t be appropriate for other forms of advertising. This article by Jim Yu also gives good information on how PPC can inform SEO in other ways.
The beauty of PPC advertising campaigns is they can be tailor-made for any type of business, and any budget as well. With the high probability of success, a relative low cost, more traffic and the opportunity to increase your site’s page rankings, pay-per click advertising is an opportunity that you really can’t afford to miss.
When PPC is done right, you’re investing and making a nice return on that investment. So even when your business is booming, PPC is there to continue to drive revenue and be a support system for any event in the life of your business. New website launch? PPC is there. New product? PPC can help. New color of widget? Look to PPC.
Got a webinar around how to make widgets? PPC can help there, too. Need to rebrand? Yep, PPC does that. The key is that when looking for a PPC manager, look for a long-term partner to help you grow your business with you.